- For puffy and swollen eyes, make a wet compress of 4Tbsp. freshly grated raw potato. Place on the eyes for about 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Raw potato slices laid on sore eyes reduces heat and redness.
- To lighten dark circles under your eyes, wrap a grated raw potato in cheesecloth and apply to eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- To reduce sunburn or frostbite: apply potato or potato juice to the affected area.
- To whiten your face or even out the tone: apply blend a raw potato and apply as a mask. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse with warm water. This will reduce any swelling as well. **This will slowly remove any tan and/or pigment from your face**
- To reduce swelling: apply a slice of potato to any affected area for 15 minutes.
- Make a facial cleanser: Blend 1/4 cucumber and a small potato for 20 seconds. Add 1 tsp baking soda, 1 egg and 1/2 pint yogurt. Blend until smooth. Apply to a damp face and rinse with warm water. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
- To darken grey hair: boil potato peels in water, strain the water and discard the peels. After you shampoo use the potato water as a rinse.
Potatoes do have a skin lightening property that will take effect over time. This is great for reducing redness and dark circles but if you don't want to lighten your skin don't make this part of your regular routine.