Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our beginning

There are main two reasons that I began Hiatus Bath & Body.  The first is that my youngest son and I have very sensitive skin.  It can be difficult to find products that can be used on our skin without causing a rash on one of us.  The things we were able to use cost a little more than I was wanting to pay.  I decided to try making our own.  I started with moisturizer.  After a little trial and error I was able to find a recipe that worked for us.  I found that I enjoyed making that so why not try other things.  Bath salts soon followed along with foot and body scrubs.   I'm constantly looking at the items I use around the house and wondering if I could make that item myself.  Sometimes the answer has been yes, sometimes a resounding no.  But I've enjoyed every minute.

The second reason is that I enjoy helping others to relax.  So many people go so fast in their daily lives that they get tired and burnt out.  It doesn't matter how old or young you are we all have things that come at us. Everyone needs to be able to take a break, but they often don't know how to do that.  My solution is a simple one, pamper yourself.  I've designed all of my products to aid in relaxation and relief of muscle tension.  I want to provide items that make a person feel as though they've taken a little vacation from all of those pressures and demands around them.

It's time to slow down a little before the pressure buries you.  Look for things that make you smile.  But above all, relax!



If you'd like to check out my store, you can find me at www.hiatusbathandbody.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment